Sunday, June 24, 2012

Training

So every year I go to St.Charles, Illinois for a week-long training. Its about an hour out of Chicago with hardly anything around. But this time I got to go in June (17-22) and do more outdoor stuff! I met up with people from my Phoenix office and had a blast. Monday Wenjie and I rode bikes into "downtown" St.Charles.
I loved the man fishing.
And one super cute little cafe and that was about it for downtown St.Charles.
Back at the compound, as I call it. Pants rolled up because they were getting caught and notice the helmet on the handlebars. They make us take one with the bike but neither Wenjie or I used them, we're rebels like that.
That night we did a little service project. We played games to earn toys, wrapping paper, and tape. Then we wrapped gifts for children in the hospital. It was fun.
 My old co-workers: Matt, Amy, Megan.
 While there that week, I karaoked at the on-site bar, played pool and table tennis in the game room, and took a yoga class. I made full use of the facilities. Our last night there a few of us went into Chicago by way of taxi and train.
From left: Wenjie, Elizabeth(a girl we met in our classes), Megan, and Jonny
 Loving the train ride.
 Seriously, enjoying myself.
 THE BEAN!!! Really entitled Cloud Gate.
 Look for me in the reflection below.

 So underneath the bean, it goes on reflecting forever in a million different directions. Look closely, I'm in the center sort of, standing alone. So crazy cool!


 This one so you can see the actual full shape of the bean.  I am in love with this giant sculpture. We stayed here forever taking pictures and looking at all the views.
 Buckingham Fountain
Chicago Library. I really wanted to climb on top of the lion but it was too massive for me to swing my leg up and over AND the ledge was teeny. I got a bit nervous being up there and felt like I was going to fall. After a moment of panic, Jonny came to the rescue and lifted me down.
 Do you remember this bull, we faced off last year. So we re-matched this year.
 I find "riding" and posing on animal statues loads more fun than real animals.
 It was a great trip. I was so happy to see some of my Phoenix co-workers, who I do miss. But I was also glad to be headed back to North Carolina and not Arizona.

2 comments:

  1. You are as cute as ever! I love how you can rock hats. I also love how you take advantage of training and go and do tons of fun stuff in the area while you are there. Way to make the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the train ride and your cute bicycle outfit (no seatbelts, no helmets...my kind of rebel). Also, I have seen some amazing wedding pictures next to the bean scultpure--I am wondering how they managed to get all the people to stay away long enough for a few shots. P.S. good job on your visiting teaching. Seriously, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete