Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happenings

My goal - have an awesome summer, and I have a plethora of activities on my "to do" list. 
So far, its going GREAT!
So here are some things I've been up to. June 8th, instead of going into the office, we met at a historic park in Raleigh for a little community service. This park is historic because it is the birthplace of Andrew Johnson. The building is a replica but they do have some original foundation stones.


Our service was mulching. They mulch EVERYTHING here in North Carolina. 



Here I am hard at work, they captured my best side ;)


FYI: you want it evenly spread about 2 inches deep and it has to be at least 2 or 3 inches clear of the tree base. In case any of you are mulching anytime soon.


This is an adorable little chapel on the property, still used for weddings. They opened it up for us so we could take a look inside. It only seats 30 and has cute, though uncomfortable wooden pews. Also, the office catered lunch for us. What did we have, North Carolina BBQ of course! It was delicious.


The next day, I went to this cute little village in Chapel Hill to watch an outdoor movie - Hunger Games.  I hadn't seen the movie yet but I had read the books, and I was a little nervous the movie would be ruined for me.  But it was actually really good. And I loved seeing it outside under the stars.


Yes, I bought popcorn from the concession stands, it was just too cute.


I went with Molly, who I'm house looking with, and her current roommates Laura and Danielle.


The next Friday, June 15th (a Happy Birthday to my brother Nathaniel and niece Zoey) I went to dinner and bowling with some people from church. My summer roommates are below, Izzy (short for Elizabeth) is on the left and Naomi is on the right. The middle girl is Izzy's coworker.


I like to go by a made up name when I bowl, on my lane, I was the only one to do this. My name  this time around, GUAPA! (Translation: sexy/hot). I'm the first one and I started the night with a 104. Back in my college days, when I took it as a course my average was around 136.


Surprisingly I went up a point in my second game. I have never increased my score on the second game, ever! Even though it was only one point, it was still an unprecedented event.


After our first two games, we got kind of silly. Izzy pulled out the "helper" thing and didn't get a single point. Haha! She bowls better without the help.


By this time it was after midnight and we were the only people still there. We had unlimited bowling till 1am.


I'm going strong...


REALLY strong. I don't know what happened but my 3rd game, I got 126! This was a crazy night!


The remaining few. We started with almost 20 people but by 12:30 this was who was left.  After this picture everyone left but Izzy and her fiance Robert. They were staying until they were kicked out.


Seriously, I've had some good times. I'm really enjoying the summer in North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment