Wednesday, June 6, 2012

INTRODUCING...

Blythe Sorenson
May 31, 2012


Born before her due date and before her cousin who's date came... and went. And barely making it in the month of May. Good thing too! June's a crazy month for the Sorensons - 7 birthdays already and 2 more due next month :)


So Thursday afternoon I'm sitting at work and I get a call..
 Ben (very casual): Elizabeth, would you like to come up tonight?
Me: You're having the baby?!?!
Ben (still casual): Probably not for awhile but yeah.
Me: Okay when I get off work I'll throw some things in a bag and be on my way!

Traffic was a NIGHTMARE and it took me 5 & a half hours to get there. By the time I got there, just before midnight, Blythe had already been born and Ben was home from the hospital.  Friday morning we (Ben, Neve, and I) went to see mama and baby. I got all the way into the maternity ward, to her DOOR when a nurse stopped us and said I wasn't allowed in until visiting hours. 
First, why hadn't the check-in ladies downstairs told us this when I got my visitor pass? Second, why hadn't a single nurse said anything when they buzzed us into the maternity hall and I walked right by them? Third, visiting hours at all for family, what? 
And what are these visitor hours - noon till 5pm. That is the MOST retarded thing ever. Ben had even checked with the people the night before and was told I was allowed whenever he was.  If you're going to have retarded rules, at least make sure they're clearly communicated people!  I proceeded to wait in the lobby while Neve and Ben had a lovely visit without me. We then ran some errands, grabbed some lunch and headed back to the hospital during visiting hours. I finally got to see the little chunk and hold her. I love babies, they're so sweet and warm and perfect. She definitely looks like a Sorenson, except for that chin, most definitely from her mother's side.

Later that day, I snapped these photos of Neve. She kept doing these poses all weekend. I found out it was from her ballet recital that was coming up. So stinkin cute!




Dane kept hiding his face and not smiling whenever I tried to get a picture, but I'm sneaky and caught him! HA!


Saturday I hung out with Neve and Dane while Ben went to the hospital to pick up Brynn and Blythe. Besides watching those two, my responsibilities included putting up the balloons and banner Ben had. I was semi-successful.  The wind picked up hard right after I put the balloons on the outside rail. Shortly thereafter the balloons were inseparably tangled. I tried for almost an hour to untangle them and couldn't. Ben tried too when he got home.


Neve LOVED the balloons.


WELCOME HOME!
Mom and baby were greeted by the very excited big siblings.


After both siblings got to hold their new sister, Ben and I took them to the library to give mom and Blythe some peace and quiet.  After the library and slurpees, I took Neve out back to the park. That girl has more energy than anyone I know.


Later we got some snuggle time in.


It was a great weekend. And I was glad I was close enough to go up and help out a little.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when this happened. I'm sad I won't be there for Thanksgiving--they're such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete