Monday, June 25, 2012

Downtown Durham

I barely had time to drive home from the airport and change and my ride was there for Fourth Friday. A couple puts together an activity for the young single adults in the stake every 4th Friday of the month. This month it was a Durham Bulls game, minor league baseball.
Britt and my ride Jenny, super sweet girls.  
 First, we had dinner overlooking the baseball diamond. They almost cancelled the game due to weather but then they started. I stayed for all nine innings for one purpose and one only - 
FIREWORKS!!!!
 Every Friday home game, win or lose, they have fireworks they set off right on the field, its perfect!


It still seems like magic everytime, inspires awe and wonder, and makes life feel beautiful. I truly love them!

So after an amazing Friday night I wanted to do something fun on Saturday too. I also really wanted to see a certain guy again. So Jenny invited everyone downtown again for a Southern staple, Chicken 'n Waffles.
More specifically, DAME'S Chicken & Waffles.

 We had in total 14 people and it is a tiny place, so we put our names on the list and sat down to wait...
 ...and wait...and wait...
 We waited almost TWO HOURS. We told them to put us at different tables, we didn't care. They let people in before us that came after us. Needless to say I was a little ticked by the time we got seated (and in the end they didn't even seat us together.)
I included this pic because my hair looks so pretty and shiny and to show our cute waitress with her rag bow.
 Me, Camilla, Laura, Jeannette and Kathryn took the picture.
 Blueberry waffle with apricot smear and fried chicken. I can't lie it was HEAVEN!
 It really was AMAZING, I forgot all about the wait and my frustration and was filled entirely with happiness. Food has never done this to me, it was incredible. Every combo comes with a HUGE side and because I want to try all Southern food, I got the grits with cheese and butter.
Can't lie, didn't really love them, the texture got to me. Though I'm glad, I tried them and the Southerners with me, said they were the best they've ever had, so I'm glad I know for sure, it wasn't the grits, its me. I did try Camilla's mac 'n cheese and that stuff was GOOD!

PS In case you're wondering about the guy, I mentioned above, he didn't come, but really once I started eating I didn't have a care in the world!

It was a successful North Carolina weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment