Saturday, May 5, 2012

Undone

3 DAYS LEFT...
This is a bit of a random post, you know like that little box of random things you have left after you've packed everything else.
~
I really hate leaving things unfinished, I also procrastinate. So what happens, I stay up crazy late and accomplish quite a bit in a short time and am EXHAUSTED afterwards. And yes I currently have several things I need to finish.
I need to do some laundry and repack my car (not looking forward to this one), so there's room for my travel companion Erica.
I want to finish my quilt, which is almost but not quite done. 
I REALLY want to make playlists on my MP3 player for the upcoming road trip. 
I also want to write some thank-you notes and get all my proper good-byes in.
Finally what I wanted MOST and its definitely NOT going to happen - finish a client's tax returns. Work had been busy and then it just stopped. I prepared several returns which are sitting in the final reviewer's office and several returns are waiting on those returns to be finished before I can prepare them. In total 13 tax returns started and in various stages that won't possibly be finished before I leave. AND to make matters slightly more frustrating I don't have a clue what will happen. If I'll finish them from Raleigh or if I'll never touch them again. I really like this client and I don't want them to get someone who comes in and has no clue what their doing. Oh well, I've done all I can.
~
This week I haven't really had much to do at work and it has made it a very loooong week. I also haven't been sleeping well, so I've been super tired at work. This combination led to a funny story, Thursday I went to the bathroom and as I went I decided to rest my eyes. I put my elbows on my knees, rested my face in my hands, and closed my eyes. The next thing I know my foot, which had fallen asleep, has slipped off my platform shoe and I tumble awake. No, I did not fall off the toilet thankfully. I shook myself awake and got up. When I got back to my desk I realized I had been asleep for half an hour on the TOILET! I'm glad this week is finally over.

No comments:

Post a Comment