Sunday, May 6, 2012

SURPRISE!

2 Days Left!
I went home this weekend for my last visit before I move and I got a GIGANTIC surprise!
I went out with my mom for lunch and pedicures and when we got home, I got the traditional "SURPRISE" and then swarmed by a dozen little ones. It was perfect!
Below, me with Ang and her parents. Funny story: when I was 9, Ang and I weren't really friends BUT they were going to Puerto Penasco and I wanted to go, so I invited myself. (I know, no shame.) Strangely my parents who didn't let me go to sleepovers let me go for the first time for a long weekend to MEXICO without them. Half an hour out of town, I was crying in the back of the van and Ang told me I couldn't say anything. It was a loooong weekend and a good growing experience.  Ang and I still didn't become friends nor best friends until a few years later.
More guests and my mom reading/telling cute memories (sometimes not my best moments) with everyone.
Kids corner.
The food table, completely devoured. I actually only got a bite of someone's leftover chicken croissant and a half leftover fruit kebob. They were both delicious, I also got some Texas sheet cake and homemade vanilla ice-cream.
More guests and look at the great mantle and the giant E (it will be showing up a lot more.)
GAMES!!! 
We played some Minute-to-Win-It type games. The first one was pulling out all the tissues out of a box only using one hand. I love this shot.
I have no clue what was so funny, but it was funny.
My brother Matthew and nephew Isaac. Look at those cute faces.
Second game, shooting cups off chairs with rubber-bands. Lexi has her game face on!
Matt lining up his shot.
Inside the tissue boxes around our waists are ping pong balls. The goal was to get them all out first.
GENIUS! I shook it hard...
and I won!
Awww, Isaac looking so cute.
This little girl was a child of a friend's girlfriend. I don't have a clue her name but she was 
A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E.
There it is again, up close and personal. Sooo pretty, too pretty a pinata to bust.
Thanks Mom for the surprise and the wonderful afternoon before it. PS you're gorgeous.
Oreos capture all their attention.
The game was to get the Oreo from your forehead to your mouth only using your face muscles, no hands.
So cute and funny to watch. Lauren looks like a little pirate.
The decor was so pretty. My favorite color is purple, really dark purple but these were so cute.
There were so many balloons all over and I loved them!
Another great game, an apple in a nylon on your head. You swing your head to get the apple to knock over water bottles.
Fairly difficult, trust me.
My dad is so great with his grandkids and they love their Papa. I love photos of him with his grandkids, so sweet. Papa and Tanner.
My brother Quentin and his son Isaac.
My sister-in-law and Kelsey.
Mom, sister Becca, and Ang.
Tennille, Kelsey, brother Matthew and his wife Kamber.
Thanks everyone for coming and decorating and preparing everything. It was sooo FUN! Also thanks for all those who took pictures for me. I have a few more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing time!!! I'm so excited for you to embark on this new adventure in your life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because you move doesn't mean you can quit up dating this.

    ReplyDelete