Thursday, May 3, 2012

Glad to Part Ways

5 DAYS LEFT...
The list of what I'm dying to say good-bye to is a bit longer - of course. Or else why would I be leaving?
1. Desert - it's ugly and nothing can survive here.
2. The ghetto I live in - yes, the apartment was cheap and fairly nice inside, but the neighborhood was terrible.
3. The color brown (see 1).
4. My cubicle - the cubes looked a bit nicer in Raleigh, here they are dull gray and dirty.
5. My current singles ward - its supposed to help us meet and marry, two and a half years later and still no one has put a ring on it.
6. The Dryness - my skin cracks, my nose bleeds, headaches are constant.
7. Haboobs - too much dirt, EVERYWHERE.
8. Oppressive HEAT - so hot you boil in the car and have to wear gloves to touch the steering wheel; so hot you don't just want to be naked, you want to rip your skin off; so hot you'd rather be dead. Reason enough to leave.

1 comment:

  1. ARE you sure you're a Sorenson? I've never heard a Sorenson even mutter anything negative about Arizona! Refreshing, for sure! :) You are going to LOVE North Carolina, well except for maybe the humidity, you'll have to let me know about that one....

    ReplyDelete