Monday, July 11, 2011

Mile High!

So July 5th was CRAZY, don't know if you heard. Phoenix was hit with a Haboob! And yes that is the correct term. It was essentially a dirt storm over a mile high and 50 miles wide, just moving across the valley. I could smell the dirt before it got to my place. Here is pic I found online.
Below is a pic I took looking out the door of my apartment. Nasty!
The next morning I took this shot of my car. It still does not do justice to the disaster. My car was sooo nasty, I felt like I'd been digging in the dirt just opening the door. And EVERYTHING was covered in dirt, driving down the road was just a dusty haze. I'd never seen anything like it!
Another reason to move from the desert, too much dirt and nothing to hold it in place.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment