Sunday, May 27, 2012

New Beginnings

I'm not going to lie, the first week was HARD! Saying good-bye to Erica brought a flood of tears that carried over into the week. I missed my family and had this unrealistic feeling that I'd never see them again. Also work wasn't expecting me quite then, so I had nothing to do all day long. I knew something like this would happen and so I went to EVERYTHING I heard about. I talked to tons of people and got phone numbers and asked to be invited to everything. The girl whose room I took was still in town and Tuesday I met her and a few other people for dinner and a baseball game.
We had awesome seats!
 The team here is the Durham Bulls (minor league). This huge bull's eyes go red and steams comes out its nose whenever the Bulls get a home-run, it was pretty entertaining.
 On Thursdays people play Ultimate Frisbee on UNC campus. I hate sports and haven't found one I've enjoyed, but again, trying to be social. So I went. I was only going to watch but a boy with some possible dating potential, started tossing the frisbee around with me and convinced me to play. I'm glad he did, it was fun. I wasn't great but I enjoyed it and its great exercise, so I'll be doing that every week. I might have actually found a sport, I like.
 The next week I found a ballet studio close to my place and took a class that kicked my butt - in a much needed way. So I enrolled in the summer dance program. I also signed up for some photography classes through Chapel Hill's community center - they start at the end of June. Then Friday, May 25th I went out with some newly made friends. We got ice-cream, went to a Hitchcock film, and then ended the night with fireworks!
Every Friday the Durham Bulls have fireworks after their game, win or lose. The game is free in the seventh inning so we went on in and found some seats. The game actually ended up being a nail biter. It went into a tenth inning and with bases loaded and 2 outs, we got a home-run for the WIN. And the fireworks...
BREATHTAKING!
In two weeks, I've been quite busy.
PS. I apologize for the poor photos, they are all from my phone. But more posts are coming, with more incredible outings and far better pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment