Tuesday, April 17, 2012

BIRTHDAY!!! (Part 1)

Been said before, but just so you remember... I'm a tax accountant and my birthday is April 15th. Yes, ironic. So this typically means from now until eternity I will be crazy busy all the way up to and on my birthday.
I love my birthday and I love to celebrate my birthday in at least some way or another. (yes, I maybe should have picked a different career.) So this year, I have been EXTREMELY busy and had one of my worst weeks EVER right before my birthday. BUT, this combined with April 15th being on a Sunday meant I had time to make a quick trip home and CELEBRATE!  I made a quick appearance at work Saturday morning and by 10am I was on the road with my friend and college roommate Mallory headed home to Yuma.
I know planning your own birthday party is typically seen as tacky, but it was a fairly last minute decision and I wanted it to be something fun for me and my family. I also love the games I played as a child and haven't played in awhile. So I went Old School this year.
(Side note: Mallory was the BEST person to bring along, great to talk to on the drive AND she took TONS of great photos, so I didn't have to worry about that, thanks Mal!)

Right before the 4pm start time, calling the pizza place.

I don't think I've actually ever worn party hats before so I bought some for people to wear.

4:15pm, wondering where people are and calling the correct pizza place this time. I promise I was not mad, just looks that way.

Becca arrived first, but that wasn't caught on camera. My brother Nathaniel and his family. The kids loved the little banner on the door (dollar store purchase).

Putting our party hats on, the kids also loved these.

So these things are totally made for children, while it fit on my head, the string was so tight it hurt too much to wear for more than a couple minutes.

I love this picture of Nathaniel Jr. helping his brother Tanner get his hat on.

Another party guest arriving, Matt Thomas, and the girls in their party hats.

I love this family photo. I wish I had thought of getting photos of all the guests in front of the banner. Shucks.
(Again the dollar store).

My brother Quentin was out at a scouting thing with my parents, his wife and kids came without him.

My sister Becca and Isaac.

Hanging out before the real fun began. Also notice the little bit of crack from one party guest, this was mild compared to the rest of the evening, haha! My family knows how to party ;)

I love this picture because Jr. looks so focused and intent.

We then headed outside to get the party started! I'm surprised Matt's hat is still on, that string was painful.

I should have thought ahead and read the directions to hopscotch before hand. I haven't played since I was about my nieces' ages.

Isaac

While some played hopscotch...

we also got the jump rope going. Got some air there, Nathaniel.

Becca and Matt at the same time, Matt still in his hat.

I was always scared of running into the jump rope but I thought with Becca I could do it. We tried 3 times unsuccessfully, before we gave up and just started in.

The little boys wanted to jump rope but they couldn't so I offered to hold them and jump. Me and Q (Quentin Jr.)

Me and Isaac.
 I, obviously, was having a great time and had NO CLUE where his little hand was gripping. haha.

Crack! Told you.

Even Nancy, 8 months pregnant got in on the action.

The oldest girls are actually getting pretty good at it. Autumn is so cute because she jumps SO much higher than she has to.
Autumn, Eliza, and Kate.

Lexi and Kate hopscotching.

How sweet, Aunt Nancy holding newest niece Kelsey.

Then we got Bocce Ball started.
(Side note: not a game I played as a child, didn't even know it existed until I was in college but I love it and hadn't used the set I bought.)

Isaac's sweet face.

Awww - Aunt E (me) and Lauren.

Their serious game faces.

Boys against girls, mostly, girls currently out-number boys.

Feet!
Matt, Mal, and birthday girl.

Favorite quote of the night: Nathaniel Jr. "They're my balls, I want all my balls." Lol, boys!
Also notice the sagging pants.

Despite how many times and how high you pulled those pants, it didn't help. But I still tried.

After the first round of games we breaked for dinner...
Part 2 to come.
Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment