Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DC Fun

On the July 5th, I met up with an old co-worker/friend from Phoenix for dinner in Alexandria. The place was right on the river and Alexandria was a really cute place to walk around.








Chart House...gorgeous


in every detail! The entire place was beautiful!


My friend Meg, and yes our table looked out to the water :)


My soup trio: clam chowder, lobster bisque, and gazpacho. Superb!


Hello hottie ;)


My succulent lobster, the asparagus and rice were perfect compliments.


Plate licked clean, no other words necessary.


The next day we went to the pool and I joined Dane and Neve in the water, while the mom and Brynn watched Blythe under the shade.  Wimps :) 


Love this girl, "I'm diving, but wait there's a camera...gotta pose."




Later that afternoon my mom, dad, and I went into DC to see the Capitol. Even though I've been to DC several times I had never actually gone inside the Capitol.


I loved that they had a statue of a Mormon prophet inside and talked about him on the tour.

The main rotunda

I love the details they used to put into buildings.

 I guess I got my love of touring from them, they have to know every detail.

So adorable, flirty old people and a giant statue.

Mom offering to take a photo of me. I'm a bit blurry, but dad is in focus ;) Next time, Mom.

I absolutely loved this statue of Helen Keller, I want in my garden someday.

 The sun was too bright, oh well.

Also something I will have in my garden. It will be a fabulous garden.


Later we had slurpees from 7/11 and lit off our own fireworks in the park behind Ben's house.  The kids loved doing the fireworks. And I have affirmed the decision to never buy the "BIG" firework type again. We bought some "HUGE" fountain for the finale, we had several other fireworks that were more colorful, went higher, and lasted longer. Lesson learned. But still it was a great night!

Dane loved them, Neve didn't love the sound.

Despite the sound, she loved watching them too.

The pyrotechnician (my brother Ben)


He's a smug pyrotechnician isn't he?

No matter my age I will always love sparklers, they're awesome!


 Neve shared my love of them.

The "Grand Finale".

The photographer, who also likes to be in front of the camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment